Re[4]: Virus in image files ? - PR ploy!

Hello PhotoRoy6, Sunday, June 16, 2002, 2:36:27 PM, you wrote:
Pac> I am only semi literate with regards to computer but I got a virus in a
Pac> screen saver file. The extension was if my memory is correct >  .scr. Is this
Pac> an executiveable file as it only displays a picture on the screen?

Screensavers are executable programs, so when you run a .scr file,
windows _executes_ the file, it doesn't try to launch some sort of
viewer to _display it_. So yes, you can have any kind of nasty stuff
in a screensaver.

Pac> 2) What is the 25th-frame effect virus'?
Well they show it all the time in the movies - a hero is sitting and
watching TV/computer/whatever else, and on the screen they insert the
25th frame (your eyes see only 24 frames, but supposedly your 'brain'
sees more) that subliminally alters his state of mind....
very dangerous
:))))

--
Best regards,