Re: Evilbay

I've now had a better look at the threats etc. offered by the
'gentleman' in question. It's bluff and bluster but ebay have done
the usual and crawled down a hole. I've suggested he issue a counter
complaint and return the favour. And then to list on ebay australia
which can't be covered by US law (unless our fearless Prime Minister
has signed some document in Washington this week in exchange for
exemption from the Farm Bill provisions - home of free enterprise -
ha!)
Meanwhile - please note -

MY MATE DEAN WHO EPITOMISES ALL THAT PIONEERING AUSTRALIAN INGENUITY
WILL MODIFY YOUR OWN POLAROID 110, 11OA OR 110B TO A 4X5 BACK FOR
AROUND US$300 WHICH IS ABOUT 20% OF WHAT SOME GUY CALLED LITTMANN IS
ASKING FOR A COMPLETE CAMERA.

I've seen it, it works beautifully, it's simple, it's nicely finished
and it includes a ground glass and all adjustments ready to go. It's
named after his dog and is nearly as elegant. You end up with a
seriously compact field camera with ground glass and rangefinder
focussing. He's a fair dealer, a good mechanic and will refund if you
don't like it. He didn't steal the design - he didn't even know
someone else was doing it. He'll even show you a pic of the finished
product, which Mr Littmann won't. He's hurt and bewildered and I'm
trying to boost the poor sod. I'm having one as soon as I can scare
up the money or the body or both.
Some days you feel the need to kill a lawyer.
On others, just maiming would suffice.
AndrewF