Re: Testing shutter speeds

Here's another method.  Mount the camera on the end of a long strong
cord, the other end of which is supported loosely on a nail.  Hold
the camera out horizontally and drop it, opening the shutter as it's
in mid-swing.  The angle vs. time relationship will be described by
an elliptic integral, but that's a minor complication.  Measurement
of the starting and finishing angles of blur will yield the shutter
speed.  No need for fancy timing!

Roger