Re: Calculator dial on Vivitar 283

--- *-CHILLED DELIRIUM-* <sfunp@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us> wrote:
> The little table I put up there is directly out of a Kodak
> Photoguide,
> BTW. It's been in use for decades.
>
>    Although it may seem counterintuitive to you, the method
> outlined
> is a calculation-free fast (once you have the table taped onto
> your
> 283) way of getting perfect fill ratios.

Hi Luis:

   Yes, it certainly seems counter-intuitive. I already have a
little chart taped to the back which relates f/stops to
distance. I use this in conjunction with diffusers on the flash
head to reduce the output 1/2, 1/4, etc. Works fine.
   Anyway, I don't want to beat this subject to death. Thanks
for your input.

                                              Richard

=====
Richard Martin specializes in Cityscape and Waterscape stock photography as well as Children's Portraiture. E-mail: marphoto@yahoo.com