From: owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu [mailto:owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu]On Behalf Of Penne, Phil
Sent: 10 June 2002 21:33
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Testing shutter speeds

Anyone got a slick do-it-yourself way to check shutter speed accuracy on a camera?  I seem to remember there was one method that involved photographing a TV screen and counting the number of scan lines at any given number shutter speed.  Another method involved photographing a phonograph turntable (alright, alright, I’m old – I’ll admit it.  At least I didn’t say, “Victrola”…) at various shutter speeds and measuring the angle of blur.

Any other novel ideas?

Phil Penne