Re: R: Calculator Dial on Vivitar 283

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Russell Baker wrote:

> "Get a Canon EX-series camera & flash, or Nikon D and later series
> body and lens (and read the entire manual !) and foggedabout it..."
>
> Right......
>
> I'm going to dump all my older Nikon stuff
> and get rid of my RB67 and C220 so I don't
> have to do a little calculating.......

   I hear your pain, Russell..but there's no reliable way
to do fill-in with the 283 on auto. Calculations are good...
and very reliable. BTW, I never advocated jettisoning the
classic hardware, just recommended the new for ease of use.
I happen to own and use some of the same exact (and probably
older still !) stuff you do.

                                  --- Luis