Re: FotoFacts: Fractional f-stop changes

ADavidhazy <ANDPPH@ritvax.isc.rit.edu> quotes:

> This inquiry arrived at PhotoForum HQ ...

> > Many years ago, I had a copy of the 'official' f/stops, as promulgated by
> > the (then) ASA. This chart listed the f/stops from f/1.0 through f/64 in
> > 1/4 and 1/3 increments, and was quite useful in calculating things like
> > guide numbers, exposure increases/decreases and DoF ranges.

My calculator only goes in the "other" direction, but it does let you
calculate the difference between two exposures in whole stops,
third-stops, or precise stops (4 places of decimals). Might help.

http://imaginatorium.org/stuff/stops.htm

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
http://imaginatorium.org/