Gallery

jIMMY Harris
A Couple:   Although it appears a little dark, and if it were mine, I'd crop it from the top and right side a little, it is still a provocative image, full of emotions.   I like the way the lean of the tree matches the lean of the couple.

Richard Kessler
A study of a study:  What a sweet and beautiful little face!  Nice expression, catch light in her eyes.  Well done.

Gary M. Thomas
Reach for it:  Great action and story telling shot.  Nicely framed.

Janine C. Hanson
Catskill Autumn, NY 2001:  I like the warm oranges and yellows against the cool gray of the rocks.  The photograph puts me right in the scene - I feel as if I were sitting just off to the side and can smell the trees and leaves.  A nice photograph, Janine.  Thank you for sharing.

Bob Talbot
Historical Artefact:  Interesting, fun and provocative.  A great example of anachronistic subjects - the artifact and the modern camera.  This also brings up the subject of the what is lasting in our world and what is not; what is worth saving and what is not.  This shot could keep several arguments going for a long time.   It also makes me think of the  recent demolition of Buddhist statues in Afghanistan - (what is replaceable and what isn't).  That event broke my heart, but images of those statues are available and some of them may exist because of a simple throw-away camera like the one in your photograph, Bob.

Roderick Chen
Blue Wall:  A very strong image.  Nice pattern, textures and colors.  I like this image (it would make a great post card, Roderick {;->)

Christiane Roh
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, January 2000:  The first thing I thought when viewing this image is, "What does the face know about the people behind the closed doors behind it?"  (A strange thought now that I think of it.  If there's a psychiatrist on this list, I probably just indicated how nuts I really am.)  I find the image puzzling, telling and interesting.  I could sit and look at it for a long time, thinking about all it's elements.

Dan Mitchell
Mandoo:  Great detail and texture in the cat's fur.  At first I thought if this were my photograph, I'd crop it a little closer to the beautiful cat.  Then I decided I liked the information the sidewalk and greenery in the photograph provides.  You caught a great expression on the cat's face, Dan.  He looks curios, but not to the point of having you disturb his nap in the sun - a typical cat's response.

King/Arthur
Three Little Sheep:  This looks like an olde English painting of a bucolic scene.  I like that effect.

Andrew Davidhazy
Leah:  I like the smoothness, sense of motion and pattern this image demonstrates.  Although you make capturing this image sound easy, Andy, I'm sure I'd be in a straight jacket after trying to duplicate this method.

Thank you to all who displayed their work.  I really enjoyed my trip through the gallery.

Thank you to Andy and staff for the work they did to present this display.

Marilyn Dalrymple