RE: Congress to ban photography of minors?!

> >announced
> >a bill that would make illegal all commercial photography of
> >minors."

> Looks to me like an urban legend in the making - I know politicians can be
> pin heads but this is over the top.

Dear Alan,

Probably an UL, but probably not - I have sued the local police for over a
year now (for a similar reason) and they go mad against me, but so far they
have been unable to respond to the actual arguments.

Basically, I think the photo industry suffers from media stigmatization -
even the UNICEF aired TV ads about child pornography that portrayed perverts
looking at a photo album... and nobody protested for that!!!  (I tried to
contact them, but they didn't offer contact information on their web site).

If I was to oppose such legislation, I would argue that "I find your photons
insulting and invasive of my own privacy, so YOU divert them some other way,
or else your image will occupy a space of my costly film and paper". In
other words, keep your children in the closet. Is so simple that it
frightens me why nobody in the industry says a word or take a side on the
subject. I could assemble a long philosophical and more serious argument of
reason, but I feel my words are wasted.

John (or what am I?)