Re: > postcards or envelopes

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Steve Shapiro wrote:

> I understood the idea was to participate in the National Postcard Month and
> mail a postal card.

    In all honesty, when I thought up this project, I did not have a clue
  that Postcard Month was coming up, as Ernst and Steve have pointed out.
  Synchronicity is an awesome thing...and yes, the original idea was
  for people to mail a card.

     There's something very pure, egalitarian
  and primal about a photo-postcard, and they go back to the early
  days of the medium. As Lea has pointed out to me privately, and as
  we are seeing in comments here every day as cards arrive, there's
  an inescapable magic to these things.

> I trimmed a 5X7 and backed it onto a US Postal card.

 Beautiful...so Steve, have you mailed yours out ? Where's MINE ??? :)

                     --- Luis (off to check the PO Box)