Re: Infrared

Richard Cooper <cooperin@frontiernet.net> writes:

> Is anybody doing infrared digital imaging? Looking for information, digital camera type, methods, applications, etc.

I'm doing some.  Using the Epson 850Z with the Hoya 72R (cheap)
filter.  Works well enough.  I'm using it for artistic purposes.

You know the easy trick for checking if a digital camera has usable
infrared sensitivity?  Turn it on and watch the LCD preview while
somebody shines an infrared remote control into the lens.  If you see
the end of the remote light up when they press a button, the camera is
picking up the infrared.  (If there's no LCD preview capability, you
have to go a bit further and actually take pictures and look at them.)

Some examples on the web:
http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ddb-gallery.cgi/Digital%20Infrared%20October%202001
(that's likely to get line-wrapped, and if so you'll have to
reassemble it)
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  Ghugle: the Fannish Ghod of Queries
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net