Search Postgresql Archives

Locks in postgres causing system load and crash.

We have a situation where the database locks escalate and load causes problems or the system crashes in some circumstances.

We have munin installed and notice that the locks (access share locks) climbed to 2.7k.

I'm wondering what or how I can get a snapshot of the table(s) and perhaps the culprit that is causing this either from postgres internally or some other means?

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Faster Hotmail access now on the new MSN homepage.