Search Postgresql Archives

Re: "show all" command crashes server

On 11/09/2009, at 1:09 AM, Richard Huxton wrote:

On this one server if I use the command "show all" in psql, phpPgAdmin
or pgAdmin3 the postgresql server spits the dummy as follows:

postgres=# show all;

Hmm - some modules can provide their own config variables. Do you have
the same modules installed in all three servers?

		How can I determine what modules are installed ?
I do know that pgmemcache is installed on this server - but it was there before the problems started and it works ok.

Can you "show" individual variables?
I did a show all on one of the other servers, created a script to use each of the resulting outputs in a single show statement and ran on the problem server.
		It ran without a fault.

I then took the postgresql.conf file from the problem server, grabbed all the config lines and submitted them one at a time (again with a script) and it also
		worked fine.

regards
Grant Maxwell