Search Postgresql Archives

Mixing use of ECPG and libpq

Hello all,

I'm trying to write a postgres client application in C.

I'm having to make use of some existing in-house code that soley uses ECPG to interact with a number of databases. However, I need to exploit some lower-level libpq functionality directly.

Does anyone know how I can get hold of a PGconn* handle for an already-open connection, when all I have is the connection name that ECPG uses to identify it?

Sadly, opening the connection myself with PGconnectdb isn't feasible as the in-house code (that's actually very good!) has multiple layers of abstraction that allow databases to be moved around between machines, while keeping backups etc ticking away seemlessly. But, as I say, it creates connections with ECPG.

Many thanks,

Nathaniel