Search Postgresql Archives

Re: More Snow Leopard problems...

On 7 Sep 2009, at 21:50, Jerry LeVan wrote:
Snow Leopard needs a bit of work... On my main machine, a macbook pro3,1 the mds processes keep dumping core and so spotlight does not work ( and for some reason I have to reboot

I've seen it take up lots of CPU here until I removed all drives from spotlight, removing all indexes from the drives (sudo mdtune -Ea) and re-add them one by one. Before adding the next drive to index I waited until it finished indexing. After several hours it settled down, I hear it can take a few days though.

I had lots of unix tools dump core right after the installation too. It stopped once I rebooted once more, although that shouldn't have been necessary. Maybe that mds process running out of hand depleted some resources?

Not really on topic for Postgres, but I figured it might be useful to some.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4aa5771e11861920812390!