Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [Q] optmizing postgres for 'single client' / many small queries

Hi,

Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Just out of curiosity, does anyone know of any ORM anywhere that doesn't
> suck?  They seem to be uniformly awful, at least in terms of their
> interfaces to SQL databases.  If there were some we could recommend,
> maybe people would be less stuck with these bogus legacy architectures.

It seems like people interrested into ORMs are the one who do not want
to tackle SQL... and for people having some time to spend on the
possibility of finding a good ORM:
  http://blogs.tedneward.com/2006/06/26/The+Vietnam+Of+Computer+Science.aspx

A more practical discussion seems to be here (I still have to read it):
  http://omniti.com/seeds/orms-done-right

Regards,
--
dim

PS: In short my advice is always to choose an ORM where it's easy to
bypass query generation, and stick to not letting it generate
SQL. Sometime basic CRUD is ok though (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE one
object/row at a time).