Search Postgresql Archives

New server disk setup?

Hello,
I'm building a new server on RHEL 5.3 and was wondering if there was an optimized build guide published somewhere with guidelines on disk partitioning, filesystems, etc? For example, do you recommend putting the data on an ext2 partition mounted noatime, and the logs on ext3? Or should I just use XFS for the whole thing?

Are there any other brand-new server choices to consider now?

I did find some discussions in the mailing archives around filesystems, but there was mostly conflicting information. And I realize that a lot of the drawbacks that were considerations in the past may have been resolved by now.

It would be great if one could view the developer-recommended configuration for a particular operating system on the postgresql.org website. I found a few guides on the wiki, but they are either 3+ years old, or they don't focus on server-setup as a whole.

Thanks,
Adam