Search Postgresql Archives

Re: install postgis in linux server without desktop

On 09/02/2009 08:20 PM, shane_china wrote:
I want to know is there any way can install postgis for postgresql so easily,
just like one click bin on Ubuntu using command line?

I know there is a tool called stack builder which work after version 8.2 for
easily installing extensions, I have tried, but it seem doesnt work under
command line.

I don't know how to install postgis on ubuntu? I go to postgis website and
find the install method is complicated, need me to compile three or more
things.
use the stackbuilder to get hold of the postgis installer binary. (It gets downloaded in /tmp by default). Then use the binary with "--mode text" as an option. Check --help for all options available.

--
Regards,
Sachin Srivastava