Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Strange "missing tables" problem

hi,

You may try checking:
SELECT * FROM pg_catalog.pg_class WHERE relname = 'customers'
SELECT * FROM pg_catalog.pg_tables WHERE tablename = 'customers'
to what's the status of your table.

Regards,
foo

Denis BUCHER wrote:
Hello,

Small correction to my previous email :

I have a strange problem since I moved some tables to a schema, some
tables are missing from the list (with \d or \dt) but they are still
present anyway ???!!!!!

Example :
$ psql mybase
Bienvenue dans psql 8.1.17, l'interface interactive de PostgreSQL.
Saisissez:
mybase=#
bw_rma=# \dt
                        Liste des relations
     Schéma      |           Nom            | Type  | Propriétaire
-----------------+--------------------------+-------+--------------
 import          | rebates_products         | table | postgres
 import          | rebates_customers        | table | postgres
 rma             | categories               | table | postgres
 rma             | customers                | table | postgres
 rma             | defauts                  | table | postgres
 rma             | providers                | table | postgres
No trace of my import.customers table ?????

But if I do :
bw_rma=# SELECT count(*) FROM import.customers;
 count
-------
 86703
(1 ligne)
My table is there and I can access it !!!

Any hint or help would be greatly appreciated !

I can do without it, but it's a little strange not to be able to list
the objects present in the database...

Denis