Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Password?

Ms swati chande schrieb:
Thanks Andy,
I am working on Windows XP. Have built from source using Visual Studio 2005. I have made a change in pg_hba.conf to include the ipconfig of my system.
# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
*host all all <my ipconfig> trust* # IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host    all         all         ::1/128               trust

This was to take care of the following problem: LOG: could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use HINT: Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
WARNING: could not create listen socket for "*"
FATAL: could not create any TCP/IP sockets
For this I changed the listen_addresses to my current ip. and made the same change in pg_hba.conf. Thanks Regards
Swati

So does it work now ? Why is there a * sign before host? This seems to be incorrect ...

P.S.: dont' forget to reply also to the mailinglist (reply to all)