Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Trying to find a low-cost program for Data migration and ETL

Rstat wrote:

Hi, Im building a database for my company. We are a rather small size book
company with a lot of references and still growing.
We have a Mysql database here and are trying to find some good tools to use
it at its best.

You do realise this is a PostgreSQL mailing list? You'll find more experience re: this question on a MySQL list/forum.

About the price of the tools, if we were one year ago, the accounting
department would have been pretty relaxed about this. But today, we have
some budget restrictions and therefore need a low cost tool. So could you
give me some advice on a good data migration and etl tool for a low cost?

1. You don't mention what limitations you've hit with mysqladmin etc.
2. If you have copy of MS-Access you could use that as a staging point. That plus some ODBC drivers would be a simple way of going forward. You might even want to replace your Excel spreadsheets with Access and just stop there for a bit. 3. Google is your friend. The results for "mysql etl tools" should give you a list on MySQL's site as the second hit.

Best of luck!

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd