Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Problem search on text arrays, using the overlaps (&&) operator

John Cheng schrieb:
-----------
For some reason, I am seeing a big difference in our real database. I
don't want to just rewrite all of our queries yet. I'm guessing the
data makes a big difference.  What would be a good way to examine the
data to figure out what's the best way to write our queries? Is there
any features in PostgreSQL that can help me improve the performance?

Hi,

did you think about using the fulltext search integrated up from version 8.3. I never used your approach and don't know if the fulltextsearch is suitable for your case ... just a hint.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/textsearch.html

Cheers

Andy