Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Separating raise notice lines

On Jun 23, 2009, at 10:27 PM, Radcon Entec wrote:

 raise notice 'User name is % %', userRecord.name, chr(10);

I am trying to insert a carriage return character (chr(10)) in the user name notice so that any subsequent notices will appear on separate lines. However, when I use a query to update a field that will fire this trigger, the Messages tab contains this:

NOTICE:  User name is capsNOTICE:  History record should be added

As you're apparently using a Windows client you probably need to print \r\n (characters 13 and 10) instead of just \n to make your client understand the newline. The fault is in the client though, so maybe you don't want to handle that on the server-side.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4a41e08a759153794312201!