Search Postgresql Archives

Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load

2009/6/3 Jennifer Trey <jennifer.trey@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Not sure about that Grzegorz, its a pretty powerful computer :) and I don't
> have that much data and traffic yet..
> Normally, should the writes really be more than the reads?
> Intel Quad Core 2.4 GHz
> 8GB Memory
> Asus P5B Motherboard (Standard Version)
> Windows Web Server 2008 x64 (trial)
> PostgreSQL 32bit
> Application running Java x64 and on Jetty Server 6
> 2 Samung Disks...

Just want to point out that from a db perspective, that's not that
powerful of a computer.  Can you at least put a battery backed caching
RAID controller into it?  Even if you use the disks in JBOD mode, the
cache on the RAID controller can have a HUGE effect on performance.

More disks after that.