Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ruby connect

I’m trying to connect ruby to postgres on ubuntu and the only link I found that has the library is down. Does anyone have the postgres library for ruby? Or direct me to it?

Yeah, I think this is an area that we need to address if we want to see wider adoption of Postgres. I started out to write a postgres utility in Ruby. I think I eventually got it to work. But by that time I was convinced that noone would actually go thru that much hassle in order to try out the app. So I wrote it in Python instead. But if I was a Ruby developer setting out to write a database application, I'm sure I would have given up on Postgres and used MySQL instead.

Scott