Search Postgresql Archives

PG_Bulkloader (or other tools) and partitions

Hi,

I'm looking for solution to speed up my data load process. Currently, I have up to 100 insert/second loaded to partitioned table and application is inserting data directly to partitions (not to master table).

As a solution, I wanted to explore pg_bulkloader but as I understand it needs to have destination table specified in config file, so: - I can't make it to write directly to partitions (as I need to write data to several partitions every day) - I doubt pg_bulkload will consider rules/constraints to put data to right partitions automatically

Anyone can share good practices on loading data to partitioned table, please? not necessarily using pg_bulkload...

Regards,
foo