Search Postgresql Archives

Re: After each row trigger NOT seeing data changes?

The reason is that you've declared the function STABLE

Yes, that did it!

I'm not sure if the cited portions of the manual ought to contain notes
about this or not.  It seems a bit off-topic for them, but if other
people have been bit by this, then maybe ... comments anyone?

Perhaps this should be documented on the page describing CREATE FUNCTION (which is what I referenced when I wrote the function)?

In particular, the wording describing IMMUTABLE, STABLE VOLATILE doesn't seem entirely accurate:

"STABLE ... is the appropriate selection for functions whose results depend on database lookups, parameter variables (such as the current time zone), etc."

Apparently not the case for after-update triggers that need to reference the just-updated table.

Regardless, thank you very much for the help!

Karl Nack

Futurity, Inc.
773-506-2007