Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Connections Crashing

Shahbaz A. Tyagi wrote:
Hi,

Its not happening in all the machines, its only some machines. I am testing
on XP 32 bit. Its coming only while running Postgres and accessing the DB.

Strange part is that some machines are getting restarted as soon as it gets
the error.

You mean the whole machine crashes and restarts? That shouldn't even be possible.

From last some time we have started getting error as message dialog
showing
error 0xC0000142 and after that, connections are crashing.

LOG:  server process (PID 8156) was terminated by exception 0xC0000142

It's probably worth making sure you are logging connections (log_connections) and are recording the PID in the log-lines (log_line_prefix).

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/runtime-config-logging.html

Presumably this error is occuring when a new connection is made, but it would be sensible to make sure.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd