Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Could not open file "pg_clog/...."

Hi!

That's a lot of data - somewhere around 43GB at the moment. And pg_dump seems to fail altogether on the affected databases, so the pg_clog issue actually means that I cannot make any current backups.

> Probably wait for the big-wigs to reply but perhaps a reindex
> may get you going.

Tried that, but it also makes PostgreSQL crash, so no luck there either. I also dropped template0, recreated it from template1, did a VACUUM FREEZE on it, marked it as template again and disallowed connections.

> I'd definately be starting with a fresh database once I got
> out of the whole though...

Yes, but that'll be a nightshift and I need some way to actually get at a working dump now...

Kind regards

   Markus

Jede Stimme zählt, jetzt voten für die besten Games: www.bamaward.de

Computec Media AG
Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Fürth (HRB 8818)
Vorstandsmitglieder: Albrecht Hengstenberg (Vorsitzender) und Rainer Rosenbusch
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jürg Marquard
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276