Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Two Questions Re: Warm Backup

	 Terry Lee Tucker writes

Q1: Can we set up a scenario where there is more that one
warm standby?

Yes. But you'll have to consider what you want to happen when one standby is correctly receiving the WAL files and another is not, because the archive_command has to either fail or succeed, it can't return "half-done". You may need to provide your own layer that retry pushing local copies of WAL files to the remote nodes and deleting them only when they've been received by every standby server.

Q2: Am I correct in assuming that ALL changes to any of the
production schema will be written to the warm standby?
For example, if I drop a constraint in production I assume
the same will occur on the warm standby. If I create and
drop a table in production, I assume it will occur on the warm
standby.

It will, all DDL is replicated.

Best regards,
--
Daniel
PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: