Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Welcome to the pgsql-bugs list!

After looking closer at the log file I found something interesting:

2009-04-27 17:38:38 PDT ERROR: column "f_township" of relation "fire_report" does not exist at character 3584. Almost every insert got an error about a duplicate primary key. That shouldn't happen because all these records were in a Postgres database without any duplicates.

This backup included the table creating aswell. How can it not have a column in the table. Am I wrong to assume that when I restore over an existing database it will delete things first? It looks like it doesn't.

I'm going to guess that's the problem. I know we have had at least one crash loading an empty database but I will have to look at that when it happens again.

How are backups and restore's usually done? I'm guessing not through pgAdmin. Also is there away to tell it to drop a table before it tries to create it?

Christine