Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Looking for advice on database encryption

Bill Moran wrote on 16.04.2009 21:40:
The goal here is that if we're going to encrypt the data, it should
be encrypted in such a way that if an attacker gets ahold of a dump
of the database, they still can't access the data without the
passphrases of the individuals who entered the data.

I'm by far not an expert, but my naive attempt would be to store the the database files in an encrypted filesystem.

Thomas