Search Postgresql Archives

Re: sql transaction

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
Jasid ZA <za.jasid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Can we use sql transactions(BEGIN, ROllBACK, COMMIT etc) in a postgresql
function(user defined) which is written in PL/Perl?
No. A function is an autonomous transaction. You can use savepoints.
This question comes up very often.  Would somebody please write it and a
detailed answer to add to the FAQ in the Wiki?
I would do it, but unfortunately my english is too bad...

So add it to the German FAQ, and ask someone to translate it to english?

Of course its already in the documentation - not sure if the posters
of this question in the mail already read the documentation, the faq
or much less checked the mail archive ;-)

But this sounds like fun, I'll check how to add something to the documentation :-)

Regards
Tino