Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgresql and LDAP

FYI, I did see the message returned to my client, and did look in the server logs. Trouble was, the message in the log was no more helpful than the one returned to my client, with the exception of pointing me to the line number in pg_hba.conf.

Gregory Stark wrote:
Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

JP Fletcher <jpfletch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I've just compiled 8.3.6 with ldap support yet I get
'FATAL:  missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file'
when I try to connect.
Can't help you much when you don't show us the pg_hba.conf file ;-)

However, a tip that might help is that there should be more information
about the problem in the postmaster log.  We intentionally don't send
details about the conf file's contents to the client...

Perhaps we should send a HINT to the client saying to consult the postmaster
logs?

--
JP Fletcher
Database Administrator