Search Postgresql Archives

Re: max_fsm_relations

> Ya, most of it's system stuff.  OK, I see where the 1000 comes from.  I bumped it up to 1200 in postgresql.conf.  Is there a way I can spin that in without rebooting the DB (and kicking my user off)?

No.  Unless something has changed that I'm not aware of, you have to do
a restart for PG to change that value, as it allocates the memory on
startup.

Unless you're expecting a considerable amount of table bloat in the
near future, you can just reset the value, then schedule the server
to restart during your next off-peak time.  The server's not going to
meltdown immediately (unless you've got a _TON_ of update activity)

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com