Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Large object loading stalls

Michael Akinde <michael.akinde@xxxxxx> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> In the past we've seen this type of thing caused by multithreaded
>> client programs in which more than one thread tried to use the same
>> PGconn object without adequate interlocking.

> Our application is single-threaded, so it seems unlikely that we are
> running into a problem with that.

Well, maybe you've found an actual bug then; but without a test case
that other people can poke at, it's hard to investigate.

> The only thing I can think of right now, is that we are running a
> Postgres 8.3 on Debian Etch (so a backported debian package), whereas
> the libraries linked into our application are older library version
> (libpq4 and libpqxx 2.6.8).

Older libpq versions should work fine with an 8.3 server --- if they
don't, that's a bug in itself.  I do not know the status of libpqxx
though; you might want to check whether there are known bugs in that
version.

			regards, tom lane