Search Postgresql Archives

PERFORM

Hello,
I have a small problem following statement executes well do not give me proper results, rather subquery calleing another function is not executed at all.
    perform sometable.pk, (select * from somefunction) from sometable where somecondition;
But select * from somefunction; and perform * from somefunction; and also select sometable.pk, (select * from somefunction) from sometable where somecondition;  gets executed properly with all side effects.
Is there anything wrong in my first statement? OR perform can not used to make join as in selects.

Thanks,
CPK