Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Good Delimiter for copy command

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 2:51 PM, SHARMILA JOTHIRAJAH <sharmi_jo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My data fields contains commas, tabs,'|'  etc. So I cant use t hem as delimiters..so I need a unique may be non-character to use as a delimiter...
-Sharmila

How are you backing up your data?  If your backup method deals appropriately with the characters mentioned above, then backup the data and reload them into the other tables.

If your backup method does not deal appropriately with the characters you mention, you may have larger problems on your hands.

To the list:  Does pg_dump escape characters that are the same as the delimiter?

Thanks,

Andrew