Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Multiple postgres.exe On Processes

Abdul Rahman wrote:
I have fear that sufficient increase in number of postgres.exe after one or two logins on servers may down the speed of the server or even server. Is there any solution or technique to overcome this overhead.

each connection runs one process, plus the 3 master processes for the postmaster, the writer, etc. with two logins, I'd expect to see 5 processes. with 102 concurrent logins, 105 processes. the bulk of the memory and code is shared by these processes, with the exception of things like per client work_mem buffers which by definition can't be shared as they are used to service that connections requests.

what overhead are you talking about?