Search Postgresql Archives

Re: createdb.exe and psql.exe without Promting Password

Thank you all!

and Thanks Sam for the explanation about environment variable. I didn't know about that :)

I've also tried the option of .pgpass file, that as far as I understand in Windows is pgpass.conf. I did a file containing only this line

/*/:/*///:/*///:/MyPostgres///User/:MyPostgres://Password

/I put this file in:
c:\MyPosgreInstalation and c:\MyPosgreInstalation\bin and
c:\MyPosgreInstalation\data and
C:\Documents and Settings\postgres\Application Data\

all without success. What I'm doing wrong? When I try to execute createdb.exe -T template0 -U MyPostgres MyDataBase always ask for password.

I'm running Windows XP 32 bit.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best,