Search Postgresql Archives

PGAdmin and user privileges - what I do wrong?

Hi!

Please help me a little.

I used PGAdmin to administrate my databases.
I created a new user named "zx".

CREATE ROLE zx LOGIN
  ENCRYPTED PASSWORD '*'
  NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;

When I want to manually assign this user to a table, I have problem in the PGAdmin's Privilege tab. The privileges GroupBox have a ComboBox, named Role. This ComboBox is not containing the zx user in it's list.

When I write the user (zx) into the combo , then the "Add" button have been disabled.

I can write only an SQL cmd to add this privilege. When I do it, the Privilege list extended with this user, I can select it from the combobox.

What I do wrong? Which property I need to set to I can Add privileges to the tables/objects with this user?

Thanks for your help:
   dd