Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Pet Peeves?

Martin Gainty wrote:
PROCEDUREs *which compile into Procedure Cache* and have IN/OUT (Mode) parameters..

Do you mean that as a feature request?

If you intended to say something along the lines of: "I'd like stored procedures, invoked using 'CALL procname(params)' syntax, as distinct from SQL or PL/PgSQL functions" ... then I do agree that'd be handy.

Their absence could easily become a peeve, especially if you use DB interfaces that expect to invoke stored procedures this way. Some seem to want you to jump through some hoops (switch to "native query" mode, declare functions to the interface, etc) to call server-side functions, but provide a convenient interface to CALL stored procedures.

--
Craig Ringer