Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Pet Peeves?

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, rhubbell wrote:

So I chose md5 but it will not work, seems like a basic thing. So I am
forced to use "trust".  These are the kinds of things that wear down
busy people trying use the software. Maybe this is a documentation
enhancement or bug.

I wrote up a first draft of something aimed at this particular area at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Client_Authentication

I'm still not completely happy with how I describe what you need to switch to md5, but at least it points to all the right places people usually miss. If you just went through this recently or still have open issues, I'd be curious to get your feedback about that piece.

--
* Greg Smith gsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD