Search Postgresql Archives

Renaming tables and columns to lowercase

Hello,

In a migration process, I've imported a bunch of tables from an old Access database to PostgreSQL. The name of tables and fields on the source are mixed case. When copying tables to pg via ODBC, identifiers are copied in mixed case into pg destination db. Data is copied without any problem.

Due to pg folding policies, I always need to quote my identifiers when querying data on these tables. It's something overkill in typing and time.

--> Can I rename all tables and columns to lowercase, in a specified schema?

Thanks
Bruno Lavoie