Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Nested Loop Left Join always shows rows=1

> Yeah, this is a bug: it's effectively double-counting the
> selectivity of the index clause. The error isn't enormously critical,
> since the join size estimate is right; but it could perhaps lead to
> choosing a plain indexscan when a bitmap scan would be better. I've
> applied a patch.

Thank you. I'll try that.

I was able to change the PgBackendStatus struct to hold a "percentage of completion" field, which shows up when calling the pg_stat_get_activity function.

As I said in a previous mail, the progress indicator gives very good estimates for the simple queries I need. If I can come up with something that is good in general I'll post it. I'm reading some papers about the argument (mostly the ones listed in http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Query_progress_indication).