Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Favorite Tom Lane quotes

Tom Lane wrote:
"Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

We really need a favorite Tom Lane quotes thread.  Mine is (roughly):

We don't support that, but you're free to try it, you just get to keep
both pieces if it breaks.

Hate to disillusion you, but that's a standard comment around Red Hat.
I have no idea who said it first, but twasn't me.

i took this off Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Lane_(Open_Source_Software_Developer)

On idiotic benchmark comparisons "Try to carry 500 people from Los Angeles to Tokyo in an F-15. No? Try to win a dogfight in a 747. No? But they both fly, so it must be useful to compare them... especially on the basis of the most simplistic test case you can think of. For extra points, use *only one* test case. Perhaps this paper can be described as "comparing an F-15 to a 747 on the basis of required runway length