Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings

Ciprian Dorin Craciun wrote:

    I would try it if I would know that it could handle the load... Do
you have some info about this? Any pointers about the configuration
issues?

    Ciprian.

Apart from the configure options at build time you should read -
http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html

It was a few versions ago so may be changed by now, but I reckon it
was the temp_store setting - which is described as temp tables and
indexes but is (or was) also used for large query and sorting needs.
Setting this to memory did make a difference for some queries.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz