Search Postgresql Archives

Re: In memory Database for postgres

On Monday 17 November 2008 17:02:54 Blazej wrote:
> Of course you must delete schema before shutdown PostgreSQL and OS - I
> dont't now how resolve problem with error when the schema was not
> deleted? - I have no time to think about it maybe anybody know how to
> restore db when the in memory schema was damaged?

based on some similar, uh, experiences i've run across, i'd think easiest
would be to keep a script around with truncate commands for all your tables,
then when you restart, you run that script, which will "fix" your schema for
you. This assumes you're keeping the default table space on hdd, if you lose
the system catalogs, the right answer is "initdb"

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net