Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Upgrading side by side in Gentoo

Greg,

You need to get one of the experimental builds that include slotted support. Take a look at http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/postgresql/wiki/ExperimentalFAQ and the page linked to by the blog article you mentioned at http://dev-zero.ch/blog/archives/6-PostgreSQL-Status.html

Thank you.
I have SSH root access to this system over internet only and no experiences on Linux.
Person who installed this server has left the company.
So I think it is not possible/reasonable to try change OS in this server.

You really should consider just installing your own PostgreSQL from source rather than fooling with the official pacakges. I would wager it will take you less time to figure out how to do that than to fight these experimental packages into submission.

Where to get ready binaries which can be copied and ran in Gentoo ?
Is there any how-to pages or tips about compiling PostgreSql from source in this Gentoo ?

Andrus.