Search Postgresql Archives

Re: archive command Permission Denied?

Tom Lane wrote:
Jason Long <mailing.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Tom Lane wrote:

If that is what's happening, you'll find "avc denied" messages in the
system log that correlate to the archive failures.

*I did not see anything like this in my logs.*

You'd need to look in the system log (/var/log/messages) not the
postmaster's log.

I think I found the problem.  By putting the archive command directly in postgresql.conf

I got this error

/usr/sbin/sendmail: Permission denied

So I guess I need to allow the use of sendmail.

How is postgres running the command different from my doing it as the postgres user or cron running as the postgres user?

Oh, well time to call my Linux guru.  Thanks for all your help.  You definitely got me going tin the right direction.

			regards, tom lane